Why Study in New Zealand?
New Zealand is a wholly charming picturesque country, with an abundance of natural beauty and exhilarating adventure at every turn. New Zealand has made big strides in the area of international education in the last few years. From high quality education to unbeatable lifestyle, this is a wonderful place to live and learn. For students wanting to cherish their study abroad experience for years, New Zealand has a lot to offer.
Fast visa processing, internships, part time job opportunities, post study work visa up to 3 years and an opportunity for permanent residence make New Zealand the perfect study abroad destination.
Education System in New Zealand
Broadly based on the British Education system, the New Zealand Education system ensures high standard of quality and offers education in varied fields from, business, arts, engineering to scuba diving.
New Zealand is the world’s second most peaceful country with all the 8 State-Funded Universities in the top 3% world university rankings. The country has lower cost of education and living compared to other study abroad destinations. Flexible entry requirements and rolling intakes with the possibility of admissions throughout the year provide greater scope for international students to get admission in New Zealand.
Cost of Education In New Zealand
The cost of study for an undergraduate degree varies from NZ$ 18,000 to NZ$ 40,000 per year and the expenses for a post-graduate degree would vary between NZ$ 20,000 to NZ$ 35,000. The living expenses varies depending upon the location, lifestyle and accommodation and may range between NZ$ 10,000 to NZ$ 15,000 per year.
To support international students, the New Zealand Government offers Scholarships for Indian students which include Full-fledged tuition fees, an establishment allowance (NZ$3000 approx.), international students insurance in New Zealand and Travel allowance during the course tenure (allowed based on the length of scholarship). Some of the scholarships offered by the New Zealand Government are:
- Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate study.
- International Doctoral Research Scholarships.
Visa Requirements to study in New Zealand
The New Zealand Student Visa requirements include:
- An offer from an educational institution authorized by the New Zealand Qualifications Committee.
- A letter of acceptance from the New Zealand education provider, which mentions the total tuition fee, minimum course duration, and the currency in which the fee to be paid (domestic and foreign currency).
- International students under 18 years of age should submit a proof/guarantee from a person or institution for providing accommodation while studying in New Zealand.
- Evidence of adequate funds to study and live in New Zealand (you will either have to show 15,000 NZ$ for a full year or 1,250 NZ$ per month).